Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

K this was such a FUN weekend! We woke up Saturday morning and decided to go for a hike so we packed up a backpack and then decided to pack up a lunch too and we were on our way. There is a park about twenty minutes from our house up the canyon; across the street from there is a pretty fun family hike, only about a mile one way that we did with the kids. It took us about 3 hours because of the little ones but we didn't mind going slow at all, it made it even better I think. It was a blast and the weather could not have been better. We hiked up a dirt "road" and saw quite a few deer off the side of the road, this first picture is kinda small so I don't know if you can see it but there is a doe laying about 10 of 15 feet off the trail, just staring at us... wonder what she was thinking?



At the top of the hike the trail leaves the road and you go up a pretty steep incline but end at this really cute stone "shelter" that looks out over the canyon and the river and the road down below.
The kids LOVED it so we hung out around there for a while, playing and we had a snack and Todd brought his Bino's up so we were able to look up the noses of all the trees on the other side of the canyon (we could have looked up the animals noses but I don't think they like the south facing hills so much) Anyway, it was cool!
Jake and Kailey in the "window"

Ash and Me


Kailey trying out her photography skills (trying to be like cousin Derrek I'm assuming) I'm laughing too hard at her trying to juggle the huge camera...

MAN he's cute! So sweet!


Daddy and the kids (we stopped here to check out some more deer right off the road... got pretty close. I love it here!)


After the hike we drove across the street to our favorite park. It's full of aspens and the Big Thompson River runs through it, the grass is always green, the weather is always perfect, it has ponds and paths and UGH... It's just gorgeous!
We had our picnic and the kids went to play on the playground while Mom and Dad relaxed... until Ashlie decided she was going to attack us... OMG it was SOO adorable, she'd run at us yelling and then tumble all over both of us... roll her way back onto the lawn and then say "I'n do it a-ggin!!!" and run almost all of the way to the playground. Stop. (facing the playground) Pause. Turn ... and RUN all over again, my sides and face were so sore from laughing because she kept it up for about 10 minutes! She is SO hilarious!





As we were leaving the kids saw a hill and decided that it needed to be rolled down, Ash (again) was hilarious... she rolled with her face BURIED in the grass... My Goodness! I love that kid.



We had SUCH a GREAT day. We went home and regrouped for about a half hour and then left and went back up the canyon just a little ways to our friend Jim's house. Todd had "traded" his old XD (it's a gun) for the newer and Oh so Cooler ;) XD-M model and so we went up to his property and broke it in. Even little tiny two year old Ashlie shot it once. I'm a total dork though because when we got home and were regrouping I took the camera inside and left it on the table.... have NO clue why, so I didn't get any pictures of the shooting trip.
This morning Todd woke up at 6am to make me one of my favorite breakfasts (church is at 9 and breakfast takes and hour so he had to get a decent head start) He and the kids brought it to me in bed... I'm a dork again because (and I don't know why) I'm big on taking pictures of my food and my breakfast would have been so cute... and yet I didn't take a picture... of any of my food today; it was Baked French Toast with sliced strawberries on top, cantaloupe on the side and OJ to drink... AWESOME! I love TODD!!! We went to church where I got Chocolate and then came home and Todd made me one of my favorite lunches. I got to talk to my Mom for a minute on Skype and a couple of sisters while Todd took a well deserved nap. Then Todd made me one of my most favorite dinners... Can you tell I'm big on FOOD?!? Love it!!! It was SUCH a great weekend. The best Mother's Day I've had! Thanks Todd for being such a great Hubby and thanks Jacob Kailey and Ashlie for being the best kids in the world and for letting me be your Mommy... it's the BEST job in the WHOLE WORLD and I don't know who could NEVER ask for anything more!







2 comments:

Laura said...

What an awesome weekend!!!! That hike and park are the best WE'VE seen too!! We have to go back with you guys. We only had Cami last time we were there with you.

Happy Mother's Day, Wendy! Sounds like you were treated as the beloved woman you are.

P.S. As far as the reunion, let's go together in our Camry. It'll be fun! Love you.

Todd and Wendy said...

Shut UP are you serious you haven't been up here in 2 years!?! YIPES ;o)

I love you Laura!!!!