It is so hard to believe that it has been almost three months since my last post. There have been so many things going on it seems to have flown by... I'll try and update you on all that has happened by running through some photos ;o)
First my Mom came to visit us over Spring Break in March so we were mega excited and super busy getting ready for her to come, it had been so long since she had been to visit us we couldn't even wait so we made a paper chain to help us count down the days until her visit, we had so much fun making our own paper chain that we decided to make another and send it to Grandma so she could count down the days with us!

Mom came and was here for a whole week!!! It was absolute HEAVEN! We were able to do so much (and yet so
deliciously little) while she was here, play games, watch endless movies, do puzzles, read books, play Barbie's, eat food!... I really wish that I knew how to edit movies because the first night Mom was here Ashlie read to her while they snuggled up under a blanket for I don't even know how long, I have a video of it but it's like 8 minutes long, it was WONDERFUL!!! Ashlie is
definitely Grandma's baby! I was having such a good time with Mom that I didn't take a whole lot of pictures which I really regret now... where's Kathie when you need her. But we took some pictures of the kids doing their favorite thing with Grandma the day that she left...
Here's Jake and Grandma playing UNO,

And Kailey and Grandma playing Barbie's (of course), I can't tell you HOW long Kailey had been waiting for this day ;O)


Sadly Grandma had to leave... had to share her with my brother and his wife down in Colorado Springs :o) but it was a sweet parting, we had had such a blast and created so many memories and we let her go SO very happy for the time we were able to spend with her and so excited that Mike was going to get the same opportunity. (When you have a family as large as ours it is REALLY hard to get
any alone time, let alone an ENTIRE week!!!
Yay!!! We love you Mommy (and Grandma!)
The Blizzard Comes... a little late.

Yes all, a Blizzard in the middle of March... Mom wanted it to snow just once while she was here but it wasn't to be, the day after she got home a blizzard rolled in, it wasn't the biggest we've had since moving here but it was pretty decent, we got a couple of feet of snow and within a couple of days we were enjoying beautiful spring weather again, but I promised some of you pics so here are a couple, Kailey with snow we gathered to show friends on
Skype (we were having camera difficulties) and here's a picture of the
xcellent visibility ;o)

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Worlds Smallest 'Omelet'!
isn't it sooo cute!!!
Next on my list of crazy things to do was to help throw a good friend of ours a bridal shower. She was a Sister Missionary in our ward for a long time and we love her so much so when she got engaged we decided to throw her a shower. We ended up doing an open house at my home, 75 invitees.... it was a blast. Here are some pics of my awesome decorating skills ;o) ha ha...
jk, I'm only posting because I promised I would....




Easter at Mike's house!

We love you Mike and Laura and Cami and Hailey and Audrey! We always have so much fun when we get to visit you!
(btw... uh... you soo owe us, ha ha)Ashlie's First Hair Cut!

Yeah I know... she's Two... and then some, she had never even had a trim, as sad as it was, it was just time, so one morning I decided to hack it, she did really good and it only took me about 5 or so minutes. It was really weird afterwards because she just looked like a little Kailey, especially from the back, it was a little disorienting for a few days but now it's normal and we love it!!!

And Then....

A very sweet sister in our ward was
re diagnosed with cancer and was given a very poor prognosis, she is about my age and has several young children, her youngest is still in nursery. So the Relief Society President asked Annette and I to make her a blanket to take with her to her treatments since they were going to be pretty intensive and take up most of her time, she wanted her to have something to
snuggle up with and be able to remember her ward family and how much we all love her and are praying for her and her family. So Annette and I put it together and the Sister's in our ward tied the blanket for her. Needless to say I am IN LOVE with the blanket and now think that I need one of my own ;o)
Then....

I had a couple of really rough weeks and Todd and I decided that we needed some reminders around our house to try to help bring a calming and loving spirit into our home, so we had our sister in law cut us some
vinyl lettering and
Deseret Book was having a killer sale so we were able to get somethings for our house... it feels so much more like a home now, I love it! This quote is my favorite and is on the mirror in my bathroom, my mom had sent it to me the week before, it says, "I
testify that bad days come to an end, that faith always triumphs, and that Heavenly promises are always kept." (Jefferey R Holland) I LOVE IT! Thanks Mom!
4 comments:
Super cute pictures! Can't wait to read the stories that go with them. :) Love you and miss you tons!
WOW well aren't we on top of it ;o) I dont' know what happend, I hit return so I could start typing and it published the pictures all by themselves... now you can have the stories though :o) LOVE YOU MORE!!!! Hope you ladies had fun!
Wow! Best post ever too! I love all the pictures. The shower decorating was awesome. Puts anything I've ever done to shame. Good job. The quilt is beautiful (how big was it?) Love you so much! So thankful for such a long and informative post! Love you!!
WOW! What a post!!! ;o) I didn't know you were doing so much (bridal shower, blanket, etc). I love the vinyl lettering on the mirror. Very cool.
Post a Comment