Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shnow!

We had our first official snow fall this year, we had a few flurries and some rain before this but this was the first time the kids were actually able to play in something. We had a pretty dry fall. Kailey and her friend braved the weather (in the LOW teens, without the wind chill) to play in the snow and had such fun! Our backyard is big so they "drew" tracks in the backyard that looked pretty cool from the upstairs windows, but they wanted to make sure that they left snow for Jacob to play in as soon as he got home from school. The next day was warmer and the kids were able to romp in the back yard. Without worrying about fingers falling off (though the girls stayed really toasty in all there bundlings)
Jacob and Kailey playing with the ice coming out of the rain gutters... I don't want to know how much of it was tasted... yuck!
Later it warmed up even more and the sun came out so we went out front to play with our neighbors Jack and Kaylee...

Kaylee and Kailey

Then we decided to make a snowman with all the snow in the common area, it was melting pretty fast but it made it easier to pack... wooo hooo... we used almost ALL of the snow in the common area. We decided that next time we are going to go down to the park by our house and use up all of that snow... we'll see how big we can make it that time!
Jacob heftin' the "head"


Kaylee and Kailey thought it was pretty cool to push the ball and then fall over the top of it... those girls are pretty silly!



Jack and I workin' on the bottom...


The snowman's crown... pretty darn adorable...


Yea! We did it, we drove around the neighborhood later and realized that we weren't the only ones that had made snowmen that day... but ours was the BIGGEST ;o)








3 comments:

Laura said...

That's a KILLER snowman!!! I think that's the best one I've seen in a long time! It's tall, evenly built (not the leaning tower of Pisa) and it even has class with a scarf! Very nicely done. ;)

SADACAD said...

That is a great snowman! How fun. And Ashlie is a natural at painting her own nails/legs!

Kathie said...

Wow!!! You guys are AWESOME! I don't know how I missed this post by you! Where's some more?!?!? Come on, come on!! I want to see more! I LOVE YOU!