Thankfully my brothers and sisters agreed to pitch in and help pay for the blanket since they are really not cheep to make and then each one of my siblings and my dad designed a square and we added my mom's favorite scripture on there so all 12 of us were represented.
Then my awesome sister Kathie converted them on to a special computer program and embroidered each family's square . (all within 3 days, while she was packing for her trip to Colorado, Dr's appointments, getting my mom through her first chemo appointment and a million other things she had going on! YEAH KATHIE!!!
Then she threw them in the mail to me in time for me to finish it before my trip to Phoenix and viola...! It was a lot of hard work; we crammed sewing that should have taken us a couple of weeks into a few days but it was all worth it now that my mom is wrapped up in the coziest blanket I've ever made and that it is packed with the love of the entire family. I have the best family in the world and I love you Mom!!!
These are the best pictures I have; Kathie's got the "in progress" pictures that are a lot better. What I really need is a picture of Mom IN the blanket!



No comments:
Post a Comment