Saturday, June 13, 2009

Relay For Life


I did my second Relay for Life in June, the first since Mom was diagnosed with Mesothelioma, these are the luminarias we made for Mom with pictures and phrases sent from all of her kids and grandkids....
The kids came with Todd to support me and have fun at Relay, they always have fun things for the kids to do,
The Luminaria Ceremony, they play sappy cry music that makes you bawl your eyes out as they scroll the names of those who are being walked in honor of... or in memory of....

All of us with our cry faces right after the ceremony was over. I did okay until Mom's name came up on the screen, then everything that her name being up there meant hit me like a ton of bricks and knocked the wind right out of me. Thankfully you are never alone at Relay and I was instantly swept up and supported by amazing and loving friends. I love you guys!!!

No comments: