There were a bunch of people at the campsite with hummingbird feeders but the lady in the site right next to us told us that her secret is that instead of putting 1/4 cup of sugar in every gallon of water she does half and half!!! and the birds go crazy! So the kids were watching the birds swarm and she came out and asked if they would like to hold the feeders. The birds REALLY liked the girls pink shirts and I think when Todd in his charcoal shirt was holding Ashlie in all pink, they just went crazy. I can't even tell you how many birds there were but they were totally content hovering around our heads, next to our arms... you can't see most of the birds that are actually in the pictures because they blend into the dirt... it was soo much fun though and Ashlie acted like she had died and gone to heaven... and learned a new word of course, birds are one of her new favorite things.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is SO COOL!!! How awesome! I can't believe those tiny birds were totally comfortable around you guys -- I guess they'll do whatever it takes to get the SUGAR!!!
So what you're saying is there are about 100 hummingbirds somewhere out there with diabetes? ; ) That is too awesome that they would swarm like that. My sister once stood outside by our hummingbird feeder for like an HOUR to try and coax one to rest on her finger. That's perseverance, man! I love hummingbirds, but I think I'm more willing to give them a sugar high than stand outside for an hour without moving. (hee,hee)
Post a Comment